bareMinerals Starter Kit.  Only $60 Shop for luxury clothing at BlueBee.com!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Considering a Furry Companion?







One of the things that I hold near and dear to my heart are animals. There are so many animals that need loving homes, so I encourage you to consider adopting a pet from your local animal shelter before you go out to a pet store and buy one. Most of the cute little puppies you see for sale at the pet stores come from puppy mills where the animals live under dire conditions.

As much as I love animals and would like to add more to my family, I know that I am not in the place in life to adopt a pet. It wouldn't be fair to them to be all alone in the house since I am gone at work or at school for the majority of the day. I do have a small fish tank with 3 tiny Tetras and an African Dwarf frog, but that is easy for me to take care of because my little ones are relatively low maintenance.

There are many people who get pets and realize after that they are unable to care for them. So, I encourage you to stop and think about the following things before you decide to go out and adopt an animal:

1.) Do I have the funds to provide my new animal with a comfortable life?
2.) Do I physically have time to have an animal?
3.) Am I living a stable lifestyle?





Here are some useful links!

Los Angeles Pets
Stop Puppy Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment